Lucas County Family Law Attorney
Focused on Finding the Right Solution for You
If you find yourself in need of a lawyer to assist with your family-related dispute or divorce, you might not know where to turn. With so many family law firms offering representation, how do you choose the right one?
At Smith & Smith Law Office, LLC, we are confident that we can properly resolve your legal matter and help you find your way forward to a brighter future. Not only do we deliver solutions-oriented representation, but we take the time to get to know our clients so that we can tailor our service to their unique needs. At Smith & Smith Law Office, LLC, you are more than just another case number – we treat you like members of our own family. Our family lawyers in Lucas County are eager to hear your story and discuss how we can resolve the case together.
Cases We Handle
Since 1999, Smith & Smith Law Office, LLC has been representing people throughout Lucas County from our offices in Swanton and Maumee. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience to apply to your case.
Let us help you with your family matter involving:
- Divorce and dissolution: Let us guide you through the process of filing for divorce, negotiating a fair settlement, or litigating your divorce in court.
- Child support: Whether you are seeking support or being asked to pay it, we can protect your rights and interests.
- Child custody: We can protect your parental rights and ensure that you have adequate access to your child.
- Marital agreements: Whether you’re interested in establishing a pre-nuptial or a post-nuptial agreement, we can ensure it is fair and comprehensive.
- Spousal support and alimony: Our family lawyers in Lucas County know how to negotiate appropriate alimony awards so that you do not overpay or under-receive support.
- Collaborative law: A collaborative approach might be right for you if you and your spouse can agree on most of the terms of your divorce.
- Mediation: Before resorting to litigation, we prefer helping clients mediate their disputes amicably.
- Paternity: Smith & Smith Law Office, LLC represents both mothers and alleged fathers seeking to establish paternity.
- Adoption and guardianship: Whether you are just beginning the adoption process or looking to make an existing relationship official, we can help.
She was an amazing lawyer She Answered every question I had. Delivered excellency service and even helped me get everything I needed. If I ever have another problem I know who I am going to call!- Gary R.
Christine is a life saver. She took what I thought was the end of my life and the system screwing me over to giving me my life back. She is my forever lawyer. Can not thank her enough- Joshua R.
If you’re looking for representation who is professional and thorough, this is the place. Christine’s knowledge is outstanding, she is someone who is compassionate and caring for all her clients! She took the time in listening to all my needs and trust her 100% of the way. If you’re ever stuck in a difficult situation for child support and child custody, she’s the person you want on your side helping you fight the battle.- Former Client
I spoke with Christine today regarding my divorce case that my previous attorney mishandled. After talking to over a dozen lawyers to try to find someone to help combat the mess I'm in, Christine was confident, had some great strategies of how we could fight this and really made me feel hope again. I am looking forward to working with her, I feel she will do a very good job handling my case and will fight for me.- Amanda B.
Christine has been absolutely amazing to work with in an especially difficult time. I am thankful for her knowledge and experience! I would highly recommend her!- Maggie W.
She is amazing. I went to her with a super complex case and she got me exactly what I wanted. Definitely changed my life for the better.- Gregory R.
Being new to Toledo and new to any kind of court issues, I was super nervous about getting a lawyer and finding someone I could trust. From the very first call I was sold. Misty and Christine both were extremely friendly, caring and even more important, upfront about what to expect. They didn't push me to make any decisions I wasnt comfortable with. I didn't have to sacrifice my life savings and they made things so easy for me (and actually even my now exhusband as well). I feel like if I had needed anything more than I did, they would have continued to go above and beyond. Truly trustworthy and honest. If you need someone in your corner this is the place go to. Thank you for helping me gain my freedom back!- Princess Arielle
Amazing family-owned business, if you need a family lawyer this is who you call. Thank you so much for going above and beyond.